This role is responsible to perform defect management (review and provide action) on ABY and 3rd party aircraft in without violating safety and quality standards in a cost-effective manner.
- Monitoring and reviewing the defect history to identify repetitive defects.
- Following through/following up on aircraft technical log repetitive defects and Minimum Equipment List (MEL) items.
- Manage MEL referenced defects to ensure timely rectification thereby minimizing applications for extending MEL deferral periods.
- Review engine condition monitoring trends and liaise with engineering regarding matters of concern.
- Monitor and establish maintenance actions, spares and downtime required to ensure that any repetitive defect or adverse engine trend deemed to effect the safe, reliable and economic operation of the fleet is addressed in a timely manner.
- Review component removals.
- Liaise in conjunction with materials and component repair/overhaul agencies to minimize No Fault Found'.
- Ensure that the reliability department within Engineering is aware of any emerging adverse reliability trends on systems or system components.
- Provide trouble-shooting/rectification information whenever requested in order to assist in routine aircraft defect analysis.
- Liaise with the AOG (Aircraft on Ground) desk to resolve spares and tooling shortages.
- Liaise with the Line & MCC Supervisor / Maintenance Planning with reference to the positioning of aircraft for defect trouble-shooting/rectification purposes.
- Collate and distribute various reports and statistics as required by the Line & MCC.
- Liaise with line and base engineers at all stations to ensure effective communications and trouble shooting are carried out on the contracted fleet.
- Liaison with outstations to ensure availability of spares and tooling for carried forward defects requiring immediate clearance.
- Co-ordination of all relevant personnel to effect rectification of carried forward defects as economically and efficiently as possible whilst ensuring the highest standards of presentation are affected without disturbing the integrity of the scheduled operation.
- Manage the effective and timely call up of deferred defects after consultation and agreement with the appropriate line station.
- Holder of a valid UAE GCAA Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's License or ICAO state member licensed type with recent experience of six (6) months within last 2 years and with A320/CFM-56-5 type rating endorsed.
- Minimum of 6 years in Aviation maintenance out of which 3 years as A320 C-Check Certifying Engineer, holding current Certificate to release to service
- Very good knowledge of AMM/IPC/TSM/Air NAV
- Good English and computer skills
Interested candidates may apply for the position by sending a copy of their updated resume to email@example.com